My First Experience Using Gel Polish!

by - 7:23:00 PM

     



    Yes! You read that right! I have never used gel nail polish before trying this kit from Sensationail Gel. In fact, I have never even worn acrylic nails in my life! I love the look of natural nails. But that is another topic! But given the chance by Sensationail to use their starter kit, I decided to give it a try and this is how it all went...

    Así mimo! Leíste bien! Nunca antes había usado esmaltes en gel en mi vida! De hecho, ni siquiera he usado uñas acrílicas. La verdad es que me encanta como se ven las uñas naturales, pero ese es otro tema. Gracias a Sensationail Gel, tuve la oportunidad de probar por primera vez el esmalte en gel y esta fue mi experiencia...




    I have to say that I am pretty impressed with how easy and straightforward the process is. I didn't expect to have a full, dry and shiny mani in a matter of minutes! You do have to be careful not to get the polish on your skin, but the brush is so easy to use that almost none of it went outside my nails, and the little that did, I removed it quickly with the orange wood stick that came with the kit. 
The Starter Kit came with the following items:

   Tengo que decir que me impresionó muchísimo cuan fácil y rápida fue la aplicación del gel. No esperaba tener una manicura completa, seca completamente y brillosa en cuestión de minutos! Hay que ser cuidadoso a la hora de aplicarlo, de no aplicar en la piel, pero la brocha que trae facilita mucho el proceso, y si cae esmalte fuera de la uña se puede remover bien fácil con el palito de madera que trae. El Kit de Comienzo trae los siguientes artículos:


  • LED Lamp with power outlet 
  • Gel Primer
  • Gel Base/Top Coat
  • Gel Nail Polish Color in "Raspberry Wine"
  • Nail File
  • Gel Cleanser
  • Lint Free Cleansing Wipes
  • Orange Wood Stick
  • Clear Shields for Easy Removal

    The process was so easy! (I already said that lol). First, you make sure to start with clean nails and shape them if needed with the nail file. Apply the gel primer. This is very easy and it dries in no time so you can apply the gel base right after. Once you have the gel base coat, put your nails under the lamp for 15 seconds. The lamp will turn on by itself once you put your hand under it. There is no need to press any button or switch. Now that we are here, let me tell you something about this lamp. If you forget to set a timer (like I did) it would let you know when the first 15 seconds have passed by blinking! How convenient?! You can take your hand out of the lamp now, but if you don't, it will keep going for another 15 seconds (that's the time required to cure the nail color). After that, it will turn off by itself! Next, you guessed it, apply your gel nail color and cure under the lamp for 30 seconds. Apply a second coat if needed. Now its time to apply the top coat and cure 15 more seconds. Once your hand out of the lamp, your nails will be completely dry. If you touch them, you can feel them be a bit sticky, but you can remove that quite easily with the gel cleanser and the lint-free wipes. And that's it! 

    El proceso fue tan fácil! (Si ya se, ya lo había dicho) Debemos comenzar con las uñas limpias y limarlas de ser necesario. Primero aplicamos el primer para el gel. Este se seca en cuestión de segundos y rápido puedes aplicar la base del gel. Una vez aplicada la base, se coloca la mano en la lampara gel por 15 segundos. La lampara se va a activar sola una vez colocas la mano, no hay que hacer nada ni presionar ningún botón. Hablando de la lampara, si olvidas llevar el conteo de los 15 segundos (como yo), no hay ningún problema, ya que esta prenderá y apagará a los 15 segundos automáticamente. Super conveniente! A este punto, puedes retirar la mano de la lampara, de no hacerlo la lampara continuará encendida por otros 15 segundos (que es el tiempo que requiere en esmalte gel en color para secar). Luego de esto se apagara sola. Ahora sigue aplicar el color en gel de tu preferencia y llevarlo a la lampara por 30 segundos. Puedes aplicar una segunda capa de ser necesario. Ahora sellamos todo con el top coat en gel y secamos bajo la lampara por 15 segundos adicionales. A este punto, si tocas las uñas vas a sentir una capa un poco pegajosa. Para esto es el gel cleanser, lo aplicas con los wipes libres de pelusa y listo. 


Swatches & Nail Art


Sensationail "Coral Sunset"


Sensationail "Mauving on Up"



Sensationail "Mostly Mint"



Sensationail "Raspberry Wine"


How to Remove the Gel



    To remove the gel nails I used the foil paper technique. First, I applied cuticle oil to give extra protection to the nails. I then applied a cotton ball with 100 % acetone and covered it with aluminum foil. Let that sit for 10 to 15 minutes. Once that time passes, most of the gel will come out. In some cases, I had to do this twice to remove all of the gel. I then applied more cuticle oil and hand cream to restore moisture after using the acetone. 

    Para remover el esmalte en gel yo utilicé el método de papel de aluminio. Antes que nada, use aceite para las cutículas, para proteger un poco mas las uñas. Luego, con un algodón aplique acetona 100% pura y la cubrí cada uña con papel de aluminio. Luego de 10 a 15 minutos, lo removí y con el casi todo el gel. En algunos casos repetí el proceso por segunda vez para eliminar todo residuo. Finalmente, aplique mas aceite de cutículas y cremas para las manos para ayudar a hidratar las uñas y manos luego de haber utilizado la acetona.  



My Final Thoughts

    I found the overall process to be quite easy and I loved the final result. This is definitely going to be an excellent alternative for when I want to have a manicure or nail art that last for weeks. For my daily wear, I am going to keep using regular nail polish so I can change it as many times as I do, but I have found the way to go for when I'm traveling or cant manage no change my manicure as often. I hope you liked this post and that you learned something from my experience. If you did, please leave your thoughts in the comments. Talk to you real soon!

    Considero que el proceso fue uno bastante fácil y el resultado me encantó. Definitivamente es una alternativa para cuando quiera llevar una manicura o nail art que sea duradera. Para el diario, sigo utilizando esmaltes regulares, ya que lo cambio con regularidad, pero ya encontré la alternativa perfecta para cuando esté mucho tiempo sin poder cambiar de manicura o de viaje. Espero que les haya gustado este post y que hayan aprendido algo de mi experiencia. Déjenme el los comentarios que les pareció. Hasta la próxima!






You May Also Like

0 comments

Advertisement