My First Nail Stamping Experience!

by - 3:54:00 PM





Hello, Darlings!

For a long time, I've been avoiding nail stamping because of many reasons. First, I really really enjoy doing freehand nail art. That is what I always tell myself. And I still do! Freehand is my favorite! Also, I convinced myself that I couldn't do it. For some reason, I believed I couldn't. That stops today, I opened myself to the world of stamping. I mean, It's good to add variety to your style, and to have alternatives to your ideas! Here is how it went.

I was approached once again by Born Pretty Store, to see if I wanted to try some of their products, and this is when I decided to give stamping a try! They kindly sent me a stamping plate, nail stamper, and scrapers. I loved the designs on the plate! From hearts, stars, to patterns and lines, I think the possibilities are endless. All the products had a great quality, you can see the plates are really strong and the stamper super squishy. So I knew at the end of my journey I was going to succeed at this.


Products Used:

♡ BPS Blue Liquid Tape Protector: http://bit.ly/2kR2noI
♡ BPS Stamping Plate: http://bit.ly/2kcsI3A
♡ BPS Silicone Stamper: http://bit.ly/2lzwz7O

Use my Code for 10 % off Born Pretty Store: EQQX31

Base Colors:

♡ Essie - "Maki me Happy"
♡ OPI - "Alpine Snow"
♡ Sinful Colors - "Black on Black"
♡ Top Coat: HK Girl by Glisten & Glow

Stamp with:

♡ Lakur - "Duchess"
♡ Sinful Colors - "Black on Black"



Of course, the first few attempts weren't successful. The first thing I learned: Not all polishes stamped! Ok that was obvious, and I know I have read many nail artist talking about whether a nail polish is good or bad for stamping, but living it is a different thing! I mean, you grab a very pigmented nail polish, which you think is going to work perfectly, try to pick it up with you stamper... and nothing?! Oh well, I guess you have to keep looking trough your collection! But it sure was so fun!



My thoughts on the stamping plate and stamper:

Now take this from a stamping rookie, but this plate I think is amazing. It is really easy to use (once you find the right nail polish), and it has a great variety of images to choose from. I love how is not just for one season or occasion. You see here I used the hearts for Valentines Day, but it can be used all year round. I also loved the image of the star it includes, which I will be using pretty soon. It has lines and patterns as well that can be used in a lot of color combinations. 

The stamper was really easy and fun to use. Check out the video to see how squishy it is. It is made from silicone and it molds to the shape of the nail in a bit. Now I know it has a Christmas pattern (that was the one I choose), but hey, it does the work! 

If you are looking to start trying nail stamping, I encourage you to do so, believe me, try and you will succeed! And these stamping plates are just a good starting point! I want more! lol  






Watch the whole experience here:



What I found out:

♡ You have to find the polishes that work well for stamping. It is all a matter of trial an error, and it will not depend on how opaque or pigmented the nail polish is, you just have to try and see which one works, and which doesn't.

♡ In this case, I found that Sinful Colors worked magics picking up and stamping. I used "Black on Black". For the white, the one that worked for me was Lakur "Duchess". Surprisingly, I tried OPI "Alpine Snow", which I thought it was going to be great, and it didn't stamp at all. I also didn't have any luck with metallics. I will definitely keep on trying polishes from my collection.

♡ My most important discovery: I CAN STAMP!!!




I hope you enjoyed this post! It's good to know that you are not always going to be successful on your first try, but with practice, you sure will get there! That's what I did and I am very happy with the results. I still have a lot to learn and continue in this nail art journey, and what better way to always keep trying new things? 
Let me know what you think! Have you tried any new techniques lately? What more can I learn? I am open to suggestions! Leave your comments and please share this post, I hope someone finds inspiration!











You May Also Like

0 comments

Advertisement